After nine years of local politics, Dripping Springs has finally approved a 2,231 residential development for the Anarene/Double L subdivision, an approximately 1,700-hundred-acre tract of land located northwest of downtown Dripping Springs.
The original Development Agreement was adopted in 2012 and amended in 2015. This new approved amended agreement calls for an increase in houses, 200 acres for commercial use, land for a future Dripping Springs ISD school, nearly 500 acres of open space and parkland, a road system to ease traffic, and more.
Key components of the new agreement include:
- 1,677 acres total
- 2,231 residences ranging from garden homes to estate homes of over an acre
- 250 senior living multi-family units
- 200 acres for commercial use to include Retail & Office space
- Land for a future DSISD school
- 474 acres of open space and parkland, including public trails